Podcast: Elevating Order Fulfillment: VRCs & SLAM Efficiency in the Modern Warehouse
In the bustling world of eCommerce, the heart of warehouse efficiency pulses within the final 100 feet. This pivotal space, integral to order fulfillment, has remained largely untouched by many optimization strategies – until now. Our latest episode of the MHI Industry Leadership podcast delves deep into the role of Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors (VRCs) in these critical zones, casting a spotlight on SLAM – Scan, Label, Apply, and Manifest – processes.
Joined by seasoned experts Chuck Cobb and Steve Castle, we explore transformative techniques that not only enhance efficiency but also skyrocket outbound package accuracy. Their insights, garnered from decades in the material handling and VRC industries, are a goldmine for anyone keen on supercharging their order fulfillment operations.
SLAM members meet regularly to discuss the industry and promote the best and largest possible market for end-of-line technologies and systems; emphasizing the best interest of the user. SLAM pursues this mission through planned programs and internal committees by:
- Working closely with user groups to educate and communicate needs, benefits and applications.
- Acting as a catalyst and liaison between different related product groups or associations.
- Maintaining a membership representative of the industry.
- Defining and evaluating best practices for the marketplace.
- Providing a market driven forum for end-of-line solutions.
- Collecting, compiling, disseminating and exchanging information which may be helpful to the membership and users.
- Preparing and distributing educational materials for both academic classroom environments and in continuing education.
Mission: To provide thought leadership for best practices on “the last 100 feet” of every warehouse in the world.
Vision: To be 100 feet ahead of “the last 100 feet” in warehousing, distribution, and fulfillment applications.
To learn more about MHI’s SLAM industry group: www.mhi.org/slam
More information about Scanning, Labeling, Applying, Manifesting: